Thursday, January 3, 2013

The well-laid plans of mice and men.....

KJV Bible verse: Psalm 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Devotional: Audio broadcast, Renewing Your Mind, "Economics for Everybody" www.ligonier.org

Housekeeping: www.flylady.net

Exercise: Sun salutation yoga

Menu plan:  Hmmmmm...we'll see.

Well folks, my plans for yesterday fell flat.  It was that darn housekeeping. Ugh.  My day was going well until I decided to scrub the shower/bathtubs of the children's bathroom and the extra bathroom that I use to bathe the dog.  First, let me tell you about our dog.  She is an 10 month old Irish Wolfhound.


This is a picture of her and my youngest son who is 6 years old, laying around in my laundry room.  Although she is still a puppy, she is 3 foot tall at the shoulder already.  And she really doesn't enjoy getting a bath.  A week ago when she had a bath, she did what dogs naturally do after a bath.....shake her whole body.  In doing so, she flung water all over me and the whole bathroom.  I wiped down the walls afterward but didn't clean out the shower walls nor bathtub.  So yesterday in my cleaning productivity, I decided to clean up the mess I left from the dog bath episode.  Since the cleaning urge hit me while I was upstairs, I started in the children's bathroom. Then went downstairs to the extra bathroom.  With all that reaching and scrubbing, I pulled a muscle in my back.  "OUCH," doesn't quite touch the pain I encountered. Several OTC painkillers and using a freezing muscle rub helped immensely.  Hence, the exercise choice for today, yoga, to help put my back into working order. But the rest of my day's plans yesterday had to be adjusted. The pumpkin pancakes didn't happen.  Thankfully, my mom and pop stopped by yesterday with some sweet potatoes.  I threw them into a 350 degree oven for about 2 hours, and cooked some link sausage to accompany it.  We season our sweet potatoes with salt, butter and sour cream.  It was yum, yum, yummy.  And thankfully didn't require me to stand over the stove flipping pancakes.



On a positive note, I received my almond flour and coconut flour yesterday.  Today may be the day for an attempt at bread making again.  


As I look over the Wheat Belly Cookbook recipe for basic bread, I notice that I am still missing an ingredient: garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour.  My food processor died the last time I tried making my own flour from dried chickpeas, so I will attempt substituting again with regular (wheat) flour.  And depending on my results and my own bravery, I may try one of my basic bread recipes that could be used in my bread maker using a combination of almond flour, coconut flour and possibly a bit of bread (wheat) flour.

Breakfast will be some breakfast cereal, lunch will be chilli that I threw into the slow cooker this morning.  And supper might be Peppered Steak from the Wheat Belly Cookbook. We'll see how ambitious I am after my excursion to the grocery store.  Hopefully the yoga will stretch out the kinks in my back and I will be ready to tackle whatever comes my way.  I hope you are still pursuing your resolutions. It's not too late to join us here each day as we aim for a better life. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment