Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ready to kick-off 2013

I am generally an early riser, but the holidays have shot my normal routine. Instead of my usual wake-up time of 4:45 am, I have been waking up at 8am.  I am really looking forward to getting back into schedule and putting my resolutions into practice.  Time to get the day started on the right foot:

Bible verse: Psalm 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
This same verse will appear each post for the month of January 2013.

Devotional: "The Source of Joy," daily audio broadcast from www.ligonier.org
This is an app that I have on my phone.  I can plug in my headphones and listen while I do laundry, or any other housework.  The broadcast is new each day.

Housekeeping agenda: www.flylady.net
If I can get everything listed for the day done, I reward myself with an hour of "alone time," which means one hour of doing whatever I want: reading, watching a movie, or taking a nap.  With today's dreary skies, I am choosing -take a nap- from the list.

Exercise plan: Although it isn't raining, it is muddy outside today.  Since I don't want to clean up after muddy shoes and muddy clothes, the kids and I will be inside playing Just Dance 4 for some exercise.

Now the menu plan.  As I stated before, I still have wheat products in my pantry.  So I would rather use them and focus on reducing our wheat intake until my wheat products are gone.  This morning's breakfast will be whatever breakfast cereals I still have in the pantry.  And since all the breakfast cereal makers are really pushing that their cereals have whole grain/whole wheat, that means our blood sugars will shoot through the roof and we'll be hungry again in no time.  :(

Our lunch will be the leftover Cheeseburger Soup served with corn tortilla chips.  Snack will be mozzarella cheese sticks and mixed nuts. And we'll have breakfast for supper tonight:  pumpkin pancakes with spicy patty sausage.  I still do not have my almond flour nor the coconut flour.  So this is my adjustment: I found a Bisquick mix that is labeled "carb-smart" in my pantry.  Although I know it has wheat, I am using it.  I will mix in a tablespoon of flaxseed flour, about 1 cup of canned pumpkin, about 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, additional cinnamon, some Stevia, and use coconut milk for my liquid.  It isn't wheat-free, but it is at least a bit better, nutritionally, than the standard pancake.  For syrup, I am attempting to make a simple syrup with Truvia and Splenda and water.  We'll use that to pour over our pancakes along with some whipped coconut milk for topping.  Should be a tasty supper and I'm already looking forward to it! What a great kick-off for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment