Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions, yea or blah?!?

This is my second post today.....don't look for this to happen too often.  Hahaha! Today's menu looks much the same for most folks who follow the tradition of having black-eyed peas and cabbage for New Year's Day.  So I didn't need to post any new comments or photos about what we are eating or my attempts at any new recipes. Today is the first day of the New Year and I wanted to get this out while it was fresh in my mind.  Everyone makes New Year's resolutions and this blog is part of my hopes in being more accountable for keeping my resolutions.  So what are my resolutions? Here goes.....

1. "A Closer Walk with Thee"  I want to pursue and enrich my relationship with God.
2.  Watch what I say and how I say it.  
3.  Eat healthy.
4.  Clean house = happy family.
5.  More exercise for the whole family.

That's it.  I try to limit my list to five since I can memorize it by counting on one hand.  So how do I expect to accomplish my list? We have to have a plan in mind, else "if I fail to plan, I plan to fail." First, this blog.  Starting tomorrow I will post the same Bible verse each day for a month.  The plan is that by repeating it each day for a month, it will become part of long term memory.  I will also provide a link to the devotional that I read or listen to each day www.ligonier.org   Next on the list, I have 3 school age children and too often my tone is critical, sarcastic, and the words are not kind.  We get busy and rushed with school and activities and we all need to slow down and enjoy each moment as a blessing.  The third item on the list, well, that's primarily why I started this blog, to chronicle how my family responds to the Wheat Belly Cookbook.  Here's a link to the blog for The Wheat Belly Bookwww.wheatbellyblog.com  Item four, is a cinch to talk the talk, but a bit harder to walk the walk.  And since I don't believe in reinventing the wheel, I will post the link to my favorite site for house-keeping:  www.flylady.net  And the last item on my list I can accomplish with a little help from Santa....more specifically, some of the gifts Santa brought.  For outside activities, Santa brought a basketball goal along with 3 new basketballs.  We also live out in the country and have access to trails to walk/jog or ride our bikes. For those rainy days like we are having here in Southwest Mississippi today, Santa brought Just Dance 4 and last year's gifts include Kung Fu Panda for Kinect Xbox 360 and Just Dance 3.  So the kids and I can get active no matter what the weather.  

There it is, folks.  Now, what are your resolutions and how do you plan to achieve your goals so that 2013 won't be a year of unfulfilled promises?  This can be the year that you aim for a better life.  I won't be perfect and I hope you get a laugh out of my failures and my attempts.  Buckle up for a fun ride!  

No comments:

Post a Comment